Staff Nurse IPU
Post Title: Palliative Care Staff Nurse - Inpatient
Accountable to: Clinical Lead – Inpatient Unit
Type of Contract: Permanent
Hours: Full Time/Part Time Negotiable – (worked on a rota inclusive of days, nights, evenings, weekends & Bank Holidays
Salary WTE: £31,317 WTE (pro-rata for part time hours; inclusive of enhancements)
If you have contributed within the last 12 months, you are eligible to apply to maintain membership within the NHS Pension Scheme
Closing date: 23rd October (or as soon as sufficient suitable applications received so please submit applications without delay).
This post involves regular, direct unsupervised access to vulnerable adults and therefore is exempt from the rehabilitation of offenders Act 1974
The post-holder will work as part of our multidisciplinary team, undertaking holistic assessment of patient need, the planning, implementation and evaluation of care to ensure patients and their families/carers receive the highest standards of evidence based care at all times.
Do you want to join our forward thinking, developing team and contribute to providing high quality specialist and supportive palliative care for patients and families of Blackburn, Darwen, Hyndburn and Ribble Valley.
- Professional, proactive and driven to deliver excellent standards of care for patients?
- Committed to working within a multi-professional team to deliver high quality palliative and end of life care?
- An excellent communicator, able to promote choice, independence and self-care?
Do you have?
- 1st level registration with the NMC and evidence of professional development
- Experience in the care of adults with life limiting illness, palliative and end of life care needs
- The ability to take responsibility for the care of patients, working with and supporting the development of others including students, support staff and volunteers?
If you have answered yes to the above please complete an application form available on the website or
contact us to discuss further using the details below
All enquiries and any further information regarding the above can be obtained from the recruiting manager:
Telephone: 01254 287003
Application forms and job descriptions are available to download from our website:
www.eastlancshospice.org.uk alternatively these documents can be obtained from the general administration team on 01254 287016
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE DO NOT ACCEPT CV’s