Volunteer Clerical Supporter Support & Wellbeing
Role: Volunteer Clerical Supporter Support & Wellbeing
Location: East Lancashire Hospice – Creative and Support Therapy based.
Accountable to: Head of Support & Wellbeing
Role requirements: Two Satisfactory references, Enhanced DBS check
Under supervision and direction of professional staff provide administrative / reception support that helps the clinical team to provide an efficient service.
When we need you to be available:
The expected commitment for this role is a minimum of one half days per week, agreed with Head of Department.
What we would like you to do:
1. Greet all visitors promptly, courteously, efficiently and maintain a sensitive and compassionate manner with all patients and relatives
2. Support the coordination of hospice volunteer transport, communicating with patients and volunteer drivers, regarding transport arrangements.
3. Deal with telephone queries from internal and external callers in keeping with departmental protocols and under the guidance of the clinical team; taking and relaying messages in a polite and helpful manner.
4. Co-ordinate booking of appointments for Staff Complimentary Therapy Service,providing necessary assessment documentation to potential clients,and liaise with
5. Liaise with other members of the department obtaining and communicating accurate information to support the provision of a quality service for the patients and families
6. Assist in obtaining patients menu choices, collecting individual payments and liaising with kitchen and reception staff to support timely meal provision
6. Support SWB services with general clerical duties that for example can include:
Using department communication systems including message book - Preparing document packs and maintaining stationary supplies
Preperation of items to support delivery of SWB services.
Transferring letters, samples or other items to reception or other offices and departments
Maintaining accurate contact lists within the department
Contribute to the maintenance of a tidy and efficient working environment
1. To have a friendly, welcoming and sensitive approach to patients, staff, volunteers and visitors at all times
2. Work under the supervision and direction of the named lead person in the department
3. Communicate effectively with all those using hospice services ensuring the team receive any relevant information
4. Respect all information concerning volunteers, employees and patients as strictly confidential at all times
5. Maintain confidentiality of all hospice information at all times which includes information related to patients, family members, carers, volunteers and staff
6. Undertake training and development, including any mandatory training, applicable to the role
7. Work within hospice policies and procedures relevant to the role
8. Maintain appropriate and respectful relationships with all those accessing or involved with hospice services
9. Demonstrate commitment to the volunteer role through good personal time management, attendance and appearance
10. Act as an ambassador for the East Lancashire Hospice promoting at all times the hospice mission, values, and acting in a way to uphold public confidence
Skills, knowledge, abilities and qualities:
Experience in clerical, administrative/reception work
Computer skills – Word/Excel
Good verbal communication skills
Able to work as part of a team
Smart presentable appearance
Able to adjust to changing priorities
Good interpersonal skills.
Review of this Description: This role description is intended as an outline of general areas of activities and will be amended in the light of changing needs of the Hospice. It is expected that the volunteer will be positive and flexible as possible using this document as a framework.