We provide a range of outpatient services. These include innovative hospice-based assessments designed to identify patient needs and match them to the most appropriate therapy programmes.
The information you provide on the referral form will help us to allocate the most appropriate assessment for the patient.
Specialist Palliative Care Consultant Clinics - for expert assessment and advice on symptom management. Direct referral by letter from GPs, consultants & specialist nurses also accepted.
Clinical Nurse Specialist Assessment (patients living in Blackburn with Darwen) - for advice on symptom management and emotional support for newly diagnosed patients and those with complex changing needs as disease progresses (patients in Accrington and Clitheroe and surrounding areas are supported at home by the CNS team employed by the Community Division of East Lancashire Hospitals NHS Trust)
Clinical Nurse Specialist Review - hospice-based review programmes to support patients following assessment (Blackburn with Darwen patients)
Physiotherapy Assessment - all patients referred to any hospice service are offered the opportunity to have an expert assessment by our specialist palliative care physiotherapist who can help them maintain function and independence as their disease progresses
Physiotherapy Treatment Programmes - individualised to meet the needs of patients following assessment
Support and Wellbeing Service - Assessment - to assess needs and match therapy programmes to the patient. Clients may self-refer to any services listed. These may include
- Creative and support therapies - art therapy, gardening, craft, support groups, advance care planning groups
- Complementary therapies
- Bereavement Support - the person the client is grieving for does not need to have been a hospice patient
How to refer:
- Review your patient
- Decide that outpatient hospice care is appropriate
- Check the patient agrees to the referral
- Complete referral form - give detail about the patient's symptoms, problems, situation as this will guide allocation to the most appropriate service
- Fax completed referral form 01254 665000
- Hospice allocation team will review referrals daily
- Patient will be given an appointment for the most appropriate assessment session (phone call/letter)