What can I donate to the hospice shops?
Our shops are always in need of good quality donations.
Donations can be taken into any of our shops during opening hours. Outside of opening hours, goods should not be left outside the shop as this equates to fly tipping and often results in the goods being stolen or damaged.
If you have a large amount of donations please ring us on 01254 680520 and we will arrange a collection for you.
We accept the following, providing they are in a resalable condition:
Men’s, ladies and children’s clothing and shoes
Our Warehouse on Brunswick Street, Blackburn accepts donations of;
Furniture (all upholstered items must have the relevant fire labels still attached)
The Warehouse is open to the public and doubles as a donation centre. This makes it much easier to donate goods to us as you can drive right up to the door to drop donations off without having to worry about town centre traffic and parking restrictions. There is plenty of free parking right outside the door and our volunteers will help you to unload your car.
Items we cannot sell and therefore cannot accept as donations
We are extremely grateful for every donation and where possible recycle to generate additional income; unfortunately, there are some things that we cannot sell for safety or legal reasons and therefore have to pay to dispose of them. Below is a list of the items we are asked about most frequently, if you are unsure please contact one of our shops for more details;
- Upholstered furniture without a fire label
- Electric blankets, new or used (of any type)
- Gas appliances or heaters (bottled or mains)
- Any type of oil filled radiators
- Any type of oil heater
- Storage heaters or fan heater
- Safety helmets, riding hats, crash helmets, bicycle helmets
- Children’s car seats or booster seats (of any type)
- Duvets and pillows
- Videos and tapes
- Large non-flat screen TV’s or TV’s without built in Freeview
- Printers, PC’s and laptops
- Hard backed books
- Coat hangers
- More than 20 CD’s and/or DVD’s
- Medical supplies (including pads and nappies)
- Mobility equipment, of any kind including crutches and walking frames
- Broken, damaged or soiled goods of any type
- Christmas trees or lights
- Glass TV stands, black or clear
- Foot Spas
- Microwave Ovens
- Left over goods from car boot sales
Click here to see where your nearest shop is