Role: Warehouse Assistant
Location: East Lancashire Hospice Furniture Warehouse BB2 1NR
Accountable to: Warehouse Manager
Under supervision and direction of the warehouse manager, to participate in running the warehouse and help keeping control of stock.
When we need you to be available:
Below are the time slots that we need volunteers to carry out this role. You can volunteer for one or multiple time slots. You will be asked to detail your availability on your application form.
Monday – AM/PM
Tuesday – AM/PM
Wednesday – AM/PM
Thursday – AM/PM
Friday – AM/PM
Skills, knowledge, abilities and qualities:
- Good communication skills
- Able to assist in lifting heavy items
- To interact as part of a team
- PAT testing experience desirable
- Good customer service skills
What we would like you to do:
- Sorting and steaming clothes
- Sorting stock
- Processing orders for customers
- Moving furniture items
- Assembling furniture items
- Any general maintenance requirement – sweeping etc.
- Undertake training and development applicable to the role
- Be friendly, respectful and courteous to customers, staff, and other volunteers at all times
- To ensure the information that you have access to as part of your role is kept secure and confidential
- Work at all times to safeguard the rights of individuals promoting their wellbeing and protecting those at risk from harm by advising staff of any concerns
Equality and Diversity
We support an inclusive and holistic working environment and aim to empower our people to bring their authentic self to work. We are committed to this and so encourage applications from all individuals with the required skills for the role inclusive of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, colour, caste, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, socio-economic background, trade union membership status, marriage, and civil partnerships. ELH is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and volunteers.
Review of this description:
This role description is intended as an outline of general areas of activities and will be amended in the light of changing needs of the hospice.
If you would like to apply, please download, complete and return an Application Form here. Alternatively should you wish to speak to someone for more information, please call recruitment team on (01254) 965833